Tuesday 12 January 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday

Seasons Change.

Good morning to everyone ! I hope that the current weather has not caused you too much trouble . Here is my second post for Creative Expressions which I want to share with you . I have used the same set of stamps by John Lockwood --- Rosebud Elements  --- because I love floral designs but I have made a completely different project with the stamps this time . It can be very interesting to see how many different ways one set of stamps can be used , so I hope you will like this .
I have used a very large tag made of cardboard which I painted with Cosmic Shimmer white gesso . The right side of the tag was coloured using three colours of Colour Cloud Blending Inks blended together in a random fashion . I then stamped the leaves from the stamp set randomly over the ink using the blue and green inks . As these dried they became less vivid which helped them fade into the background .
I then embossed some coconut white card using  the Large Sea Garden Embossing folder . I then rubbed perfect medium over the raised edges and embossed using Cosmic Shimmer -- Aqua Blush Blaze ( in places this has stuck to the lower areas but I don't feel that this spoilt the effect ) .
This was then stuck to the tag and trimmed around the edges to fit . I then finished the edges of the tag by rubbing Vintage Golden Green Gilding Wax all around the edge and rubbing a little extra over the embossed area .
The roses were stamped onto the same card and painted using Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent Mica Pigments before cutting them out . The large rose frame was stamped and painted in the same colours
and the centre was cur out .The background for the sentiment was coloured using the blue and green
inks ( these appear much more vivid because they are on paper and not on gesso ) . The sentiment
was embossed in gold . The frame was then adhered to the background so that it could be stuck to the tag with foam pads .

As you can see I then had fun arranging all the roses I had painted and cut out . Once I was happy with the arrangement I stuck them in place   .




The fine ribbon was painted with gilding wax to blend in with the colour scheme and a few pearls  were attached as seen .






Creative Expressions products used include : -
            John Lockwood Stamps -- Rosebud Elements
            Embossing Folder -- Large Sea Garden
            Colour Cloud Blending Inks -- Ocean Blue , Basil Leaf and Decadent Grape .
            Gilding Wax --  Vintage Golden Green .
            Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent Mica Pigments .

Back again next week , see you then

Please click here to see what the other members of the Creative Expressions Design Team have been creating: blog.creative-expressions.uk.com

1 comment:

  1. Love all the techniques you've used, they make the roses look beautiful x

    ReplyDelete