Tuesday 19 January 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday

Dreaming.

Hello there , I'm back again with my regular blog post for Creative Expressions. I've made this project on a large tag shape which I painted with gesso to create a base to work on . I then rubbed Colour Cloud Inks randomly over the whole of the gesso .
I used That Special Touch Mask -- Counterpane -- to create texture by spreading Texture Paste through it . Once this was dry I rubbed gilding wax over the raised areas and around the edges of the tag .
I used the Creative Expressions stamp set -- Steampunk Dreams -- to create the background and the main elements for this tag . It's a lovely collection of images that is rather unusual. I used the cogs to stamp the background using blue and purple ink for variation . I also used the crackle background stamp from the Butterfly set , which I stamped using  mushroom ink so that it was very subdued .






I stamped all the  images onto coconut white card using Black embossing powder and cut them out . I also stamped a few of the smallest images directly onto the tag . I stamped two of the winged 
mannequins so that I could have a double layer on the tag to create some dimension, and I cut off the 
wings and stand on the second image . I painted all of the images using Cosmic Shimmer iridescent mica pigments. I then curled the wings and the body of the mannequin before adhering them to the tag with dimensional glue .



The quote , from the Steampunk Dreams set , was stamped and embossed onto coconut white card 
which was then mounted on black card  . This was stuck to the tag with dimensional glue and some 
self adhesive pearls were added . I added more pearls to the tag and cut up some of the adhesive swirl pearls to add a little sparkle.



I have used the following items from Creative Expressions to create this project : --
Stamp Sets , Steampunk Dreams and Butterfly , That Special Touch Mask , Counterpane , Colour 
Cloud ink, Ocean Blue , Decadent Grape and Pretty in Pink, Various Self adhesive Pearls .


So that's all for now , but I'll be back with mo r e next week .

Please click here to see what the other members of the Creative Expressions Design Team have been
creating: blog.creative-expressions.uk.com


1 comment: