Tuesday 16 February 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday

Fantasy Boudoir.



Good Morning to you all ! I'm here again with my regular blog for Creative Expressions. Today I have gone a little crazy and I have made a small niche out of grey board . I decorated the top and base of the niche with die cut pieces of card and attached part of a curtain tieback holder to make the stand ( this had the advantage of creating a good stand for the niche and being solid enough to make the whole piece stable) . After the glue was dry I painted everything with Cosmic Shimmer black Gesso .


I then stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder several lines of the flourish from the stamp set onto black tissue paper. This was then attached to the niche along the sides and around the base using Matt medium . I rubbed some Graceful Mint gilding wax along the edges of the niche .



To create the background inside the niche i used some card and embossed it using a large embossing folder --- Large Heart Lattice . I painted this with more black gesso. When this was dry I rubbed the Graceful Mint wax over the whole card and then I rubbed Cast Bronze wax just onto the raised embossed pattern. I then stuck the card into the back of the niche. I rubbed more of both the waxes onto the decorative top and bottom of the niche .



Onto the fun bits , I stamped and embossed using black embossing powder, the two bodices as 
shown. . l used Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Paints to add colour to the images .



I then altered some embellishments to allow them to tone in with the colour scheme:

1 . The bottles . Roll the bottle in versemark ink and shake gold embossing powder over this . I find it 
helpful to hold the bottle with the end of a paintbrush in the bottle while doing this . It may be 
necessary to emboss twice to get good coverage. The cork bunts were rubbed with the gilding waxes .
2 . The Flowers . I rubbed the Cast Bronze wax over the resin flowers and sprinkled gold embossing 
powder on them before heating .
3 . The keys . I just rubbed the two waxes over the little keys .

I added some lace diagonally across the back of the box before sticking all the pieces in place as shown . The pearls were coloured with toning alcohol inks .



.

Well that's all for now folks , I hope you enjoyed today's blog , see you next week .

Items used in this project includes:- 

Creative Expressions Stamp Set --- Vintage Lingerie.
Large Embossing Folder--- Large Heart Lattice.
Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Paints .
Metallic Gilding Waxes -- Gracful Mint and Cast Bronze.
Creative Expressions bottles , resin flowers , tiny keys and flat back pearls .

If you would like to see what the other DT members have been up to please click here 


3 comments:

  1. OMG Liz this is breathtaking, I absolutely adore it.
    Hugs. DT Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz as Lisa said OMG I really love this hope you don't mind if I give this a try my granddaughter loves things like this so keeping my fingers crossed it turns out half as good as yours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning Liz ,,,xx Annie ,,

    ReplyDelete