Tuesday 23 February 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday

Hi there , well I'm back again for my regular CE blog post .
Today I have made a simple monotone card ..




I created layers of card before adding some stamping as the main feature. The card is an 8 X 8 inch black card . The first layer was created by cutting a square of card and embossing it . The frilly edges are die cut and stuck under the edges of the embossed square. I rubbed Frosty Mink Colour Cloud Blending Ink all over the square and then Decadent Oak around the edges . Finally I rubbed Frosty Mink gilding wax around the edges .
The die cut frame is made from two die cut frames which were trimmed and then stuck together. I added Decadent Oak ink around the edges followed by the gilding wax . This was mounted on black card trimmed close to the edges of the frame .and then mounted on cream card which had had blending ink rubbed around the edges . I mounted this on more black card .
I used Alexandra's Tea Rose Corner to stamp the design . Although this is a corner , I used it at an angle . I stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder and rubbed ink around the edges of the card before attaching it to the frame . ( the card I stamped on covered the fact that the frame was made from two pieces ) .


To complete the card I wrapped some ribbon around the base layer and stuck it onto the card . The stamped ,framed piece was mounted onto the card using foam pads . I added a bow from the ribbon along with some flowers and pearls.
The word ' imagine ' was stamped onto a piece of card and mounted onto a piece of card , cut with a die from the same set as the frame . I mounted this on black card .

I have used the following Creative Expressions items to make this card : --- 
Stamps to Die For , Alexandra's Tea Rose Corner.
Craft Dies by Sue Wilson , Refined Rectangular Frame and Diagonals - Labyrinth.
Colour Cloud Blending Ink , Frosty Mink and Decadent Oak .
Creative Expressions Silky Crush Ribbon , Champagne.
Flat backed Pearls .
The word 'imagine ' is from one of my Creative Expressions stamp sets .

If you would like to see what other members of the C E Design team have been doing please click here creativeexpressionscraft.blogspot.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. Liz I have not seen your blog before but will definitely be watching in the future, I love this card, the way you have made it look like satin, wonderful I have got to try this out.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz, what a gorgeous card as June said it looks a bit like satin I thought it was padded at first glance definately a must try.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Liz ,,,,, Annie xxxx

    ReplyDelete