Friday 19 February 2016

PaperArtsy New Stamp Release

Hi there , today I am very excited because those nice people at PaperArtsy are releasing two new sets of stamps . And the reason that I am so excited is because they are my designs . It is very strange because having spent time designing these stamps , when I work with them they don't feel like my designs anymore ! When I create designs with them I work with them in the same way that I would work with any stamps and I look for ways of combining them and using colour with them that will look good .
So with that in mind I am going to show you the projects that I made for the stamp release. The first three projects are also on the PaperArtsy website with information about how to make them , so I will just show you the pictures .

Now I have three more samples to show you with a few step by step photos and a little information . To make all these projects a limited palette of colours was used , so I will list the colours here to avoid repeating them constantly: - Wintergreen , Vanilla ,Blush , Very Berry and Plum .
Firstly ----- 

For this project I used stamp set EEB 07 . I wanted to put the flowers on a trellis , but unfortunately I
didn't have a large trellis die so I used a little imagination a cut several smaller pieces and fitted them 
together . I painted the card that made the background with wintergreen before attaching the trellis to it .














I stamped and coloured the flowers and then cut them out and attached them to the trellis as shown .
The flowers at the top of the arch have been cut from the large curved stamp . I stamped and cut out the quote and raised it on foam pads when sticking it to the arch .

The next project ----- 



I pressed Grunge Paste through a stencil , allowed it to dry and then painted the background with 
wintergreen. When that was dry I rubbed White Fire Treasure Gold onto the raised areas .



I stamped the flowers from EEB08 several times so that I would be able to layer the flowers on the project and painted them . I also painted a die cut trellis heart and rubbed Treasure Gold around the edges . I also rubbed some Royal Amethyst Treasure Gold around the edges of the background .







I then cut out the flowers so that I could attach them to the project in layers using dimensional glue . Everything was attached to the base as shown .

And Finally ----  

Firstly I stencilled ferns  ( from PaperArtsy Stencil 006 ) across the background which was painted with Nougat paint I then stamped and embossed with gold powder some flourishes over the ferns .   . I then stamped the flowers several times because I intended to layer them up . I painted and cur out the flowers and then attached them using dimensional glue  . 



I stamped and embossed the quote onto a piece of card painted with Nougat paint . This was mounted on layers of toning card before attaching it to the base .

I hope that you have enjoyed looking at the various projects . If you want to see more about these stamps please click here --- PaperArtsy.co.uk





4 comments:

  1. Thank You so much, Elizabeth, for the privilege of working with your beautiful designs. They are exquisite stamps and a joy to create with! I love the samples you have made - so full of life and dimension too! I am absolutely certain these are going to be a very popular release indeed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, your stamps have been an absolute joy to work with. I have loved every single minute. It's such a treat to sit and colour such beautiful flowers; real therapy! Your samples are just stunning. All that layering. I know we laughed about all the little frilly edges on the flowers. I can't imagine how you managed to cut out so many delicate layers. The effect is breathtaking. Congratulations on yet another fabulous release and thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of it. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz I just love these stamps , and your samples are stunning ,,,Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all gorgeous! Thanks for listing the colors you used and how you made them.

    ReplyDelete