Tuesday 22 March 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday


Birthday Card .

On 29th February one of my friends reached his 20th birthday . ( he is very keen to get to his 21st birthday ) . In reality this was his 80th birthday and was obviously a date to celebrate. So I made him this card . I thought I would share it with you as it is a great card for a great gentleman!


To start the card I rubbed Colour Cloud blending inks over some buff card . I used Lemon Meringue from the left top corner and Ocean Blue in the bottom right corner and blended them together in the centre . I added a little Lavender Lace especially into the blue to deepen the colour.



I then stamped and embossed designs from two Creative Expressions stamp sets , Nautical Journey and Vintage Aviation onto the card as you can see . I embossed some of the images with gold embossing powder and some with black powder to create interest in the background.



I coloured some white card with the same coloured inks . Using white card means that these pieces stand out from the background. I then stamped and embossed the ship twice and Happy Birthday from Elegant Sentiments onto this coloured card . I cut out one of the ships so that I could attach it onto the base image with dimensional glue to add some dimension to the card .

The stamped card was then mounted onto gold and then black card and then attached to the main card with foam pads . I rubbed gold gilding wax around the edges of the card to finish the design.



I find making cards for men fun because I can do something completely different and I hope this has given you some ideas . 

I used the following Creative Expressions items to make this card :-
Creative Expressions stamp sets , Nautical Journey and Vintage Aviation.
Elegant Sentiments Clear Stamp Set .
Colour Cloud blending inks.
Cosmic Shimmer embossing powders , Gold and Black.

If you would like to see what other members of the Creative Expressions DT have been doing please look here 



2 comments: