Tuesday 3 May 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday

Floral Shrine.


This little floral shrine started life as a simple MDF shrine from Creative Expressions which I stuck together and then decided that it needed a little embellishing ! So before I did anything else I attached some little wooden beads as feet and some more wooden pieces to add interest to the top of the shrine  . The central pieces are beads on a wire stuck into the wooden bead .


Once all the glue was dry and solid I painted the whole piece with white gesso. I then used the Splash mini stencil to add texture to the front of the shrine with texture paste . I painted over this with another coat of gesso.


Next I painted some card with the white gesso so that the backgrounds would match . Using the Shabby Harlequin mini stencil and Mushroom pigment ink l added the pattern randomly to the paper .
 At the same time I added the same random design to the front of the shrine . I used one of the corner stamps from the Ornate Corner set to add more pattern randomly over the card and shrine ( Eggplant pigment ink ). I cut a piece of card to fit in the back of the shrine, and two strips of card to fit the sides of the shrine . I stamped some flourishes on these pieces with Wateringcan Archival ink . These pieces were attached to the shrine .



Finally I rubbed both Golden Lilac and Enchanted Gold gilding waxes over the raised texture paste, along the edges and over the feet and top pieces of the shrine. Adding both these colours created an interesting mix of colour.

I stamped the large frame with violets from the Violet Elements stamp set  several times using Wateringcan ink again and also several of the individual violets in different sizes onto some white card . I used watercolour paints to colour the images and then cut out the flowers. I used three layers of the main design to create the dimensional area at the bottom of the shrine. I cut off more of the design for each layer to create my own decoupage and used dimensional glue to fix the pieces in place . I've used other flowers as shown both inside and outside the aperture. Finally I added the quote .


I've got to go now , so here is a list of the Creative Expressions items I used : -
Stamps--- Just Rite-- Ornate Corners.
CE Clear Stamps by John Lockwood --- Violet Elements .
Mini Stencils --- Shabby Harlequin and Splash.
Gilding Wax --- Enchanted Gold and Golden Lilac.


If you would like to find out what other members of the design team have been doing go to 



2 comments:

  1. Morning Elizabeth

    A fabulous piece of art

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Liz! Sorry I missed it xx

    ReplyDelete