Tuesday 28 June 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday



Framed Roses

Hi there , I'm here today to give you a look at my most recent project for Creative Expressions, using stamps and dies . I've used a wooden frame that I found in my stash , which sadly had lost its insert . So I cut a new insert out of heavy greyboard and then painted the frame with white gesso.


Once The gesso was dry I sanded the frame to create a smooth surface and also to remove enough gesso to make the frame look distressed. I added a coat of matte medium to seal the exposed wood ( otherwise the unsealed wood would have 'grabbed ' the next layer of colour ) .


I used pigment inks to colour the frame by rubbing the inks randomly over the whole frame ( I always  include the back of the frame when I decorate so that the whole project is finished) . I used Adirondack pigment inks -- Eggplant, Juniper, Mushroom and Sailboat Blue .




I used Mushroom ink to stamp the script , from the Textures stamp set , randomly here and there onto the frame . I then used StazOn Slate Grey ink to add random touches from the Floral Flourishes stamp to the frame .


I covered the insert with paper from the English Garden pad and added colour using the same pigment inks .


To make the flowers I cut paper from the same pad using some floral dies . I filled the centers of the flowers with a mixture or seed beads .


The centre of the frame was filled with various designs from the Rose Bouquet stamp set which I stamped and cut out . I painted the designs with watercolours and then mounted the quote and the main element onto gold mirror card . 


Finally I assembled the project . The hanging beads are from a scrap of trimming that I originally found at a haberdashery shop , and I stuck this down first before covering the ribbon with lace. I then attached the roses and leaves that I had cut out from a larger stamped image . The central image was attached with several layers of foam pads so that it sat above the beads . 
I attached lots (!) of the paper flowers around the frame and added some stick pins. The quote was 
attached using foam pads .


I started this project using the lovely paper pad as inspiration. The colours of this pad are subtle and this allows them to be used with lots of other colours .

To make this project I used the following Creative Expressions items :---
Stamps --- Creative Expressions, Textures .
Just Rite Stamps , Rose Bouquets Vintage  Labels .
Just Rite Stamps , Floral Flourishes Background Stamp .
Dies by Sue Wilson --- Orange Blossom Complete Petals .
Perfect Peony Complete Petals.
Craft Consortium Paper Pad --- English Garden Premium Collection.
Finishing Touches--- Pearl topped three inch Stick Pins , cream .

If you would like to see what other members of the DT are doing please go to 


No comments:

Post a Comment