Sunday 13 August 2017

Creative Expressions Blog



Pretty Paint Palette.

Today I am going to share my latest project for Creative Expressions , a decorated MDF paint palette. I've used a limited palette of colours because I think it would be very easy to use lots of colours, after all that's what a palette is for , and I wanted to see what would happen if I limited my choice of colours . Here's the result .
I base coated the palette with a a mix of Flushed Cheeks and Perfect White to create a warm but fairly neutral base colour . I mixed this colour with clear texture paste and used this through  the Chicken Wire mask . When this was dry I rubbed copper Gilding Polish over the raised areas .
The ' paint blobs ' come with the palette and are also MDF . I used the above paint colours and also Samba Pink and Red Apple to mix lots of different shades of pink to colour the blobs . If you put a little of the Flushed Cheeks into all the mixes all the colours will tone together . ( this is an old painters technique to create a harmonious group of colours ) . Paint any excess paint onto a piece of white card . When this is dry it can be die cut using Dandelion Posies  . The blobs can either be attached now or after stamping the roses .
The roses and dots are from Silhouette Garden and were stamped using Archival Potting Shed ink. 



To create the other embellishments  I took three old paintbrushes and used cosmic Shimmer glue to hold the bristles together  . I painted them with any colour from my palette and then rubbed the copper Gilding Polish over the brushes . I added some of the gold Treasure Polish here and there .
I also used this colour onto some MDF Flourishes. Finally I stamped the words from Creative Art in potting shed ink onto some ribbon . 




The rosette is made using lace and a strip of hessian and a CE button in the centre . All the embellishments were attached as shown  to complete the palette.



Here's the finished project which I hope might inspire you to try a limited colour palette.
Items I used to make this :-
MDF Paint Palette and Flourish Accessory Pack .
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Paint - Flushed Cheeks, Perfect White , Samba Pink and Red Apple .
Stamp sets -- Silhouette Garden and Creative Art .
Dies by Sue Wilson, Finishing Touches - Dandelion Posies .
Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Polish - Copper Shine and Gold Treasure.
That Special Touch Mask - Chicken Wire.

If you want to see what other members of the DT are doing please go to 



No comments:

Post a Comment