Sunday 27 August 2017

Creative Expressions


My Minds Eye



Here I am again with my Creative Expressions project . This is based on a driftwood circle which I painted with a base coat of white Gesso before decorating it . I like starting with Gesso because I can then sand it to creat a nice smooth surface.
I am going to list what I used first:-
Chalk Cloud Blending inks-- Enchanted Blossom, Sweet Violet ,  Misty Grey and Blue Lagoon .
Colour Cloud Blending Ink - Chic Aubergine.
Acrylic Paint - Cocoa Praline and Twilight Purple.
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Gesso- White .
Woodware Stamps - Eyes .
Clear Stamps - Silhouette Garden.
Clear Texture Paste.
That Special Touch Masks - Tracery ,Ornate Elements
Dies by Sue Wilson- Perfect Peony Complete Petals , Olive Branch and Dandelion Posies .
Archival Ink - Watering Can .
Gilding Polish - Pearl Lustre and Chocolate Bronze.

After the Gesso was dry and smooth l rubbed the Chalk Cloud  Blending inks across the driftwood circle randomly . I used all the colours except blue lagoon.. I then stencilled through the Tracery mask using the grey ink . Just a few places .
I mixed  the two acrylic paints to create a deep purple colour which I added to texture Paste . I applied this mixture through the ornate elements mask as shown . Finally I stamped in between the raised areas using a stamp from the Silhouette Garden set using watering can ink .



I used one of the smaller hexagons from the set and coloured it with Blue lagoon and sweet violet ink . Because I didn't use gesso first the colours are darker . I used the ornate elements mask again with Chic Aubergine to get a deeper background.
I then stamped one of the eyes from the Eyes set . I used a white pen to add highlights to the eye and to write the words . I realised that the background was too purple when the hexagon was finished so I rubbed lots of blue lagoon around the edges of the circle to pull all the colours together.
The raised stencilling was rubbed with both the gilding polishes before attaching the hexagon.



The flowers and leaves  and dandelions  are cut from black card and then attached to the circle .
That's all for now folks !!! Back soon .
If you want to see work by other members of the DT team please go to



No comments:

Post a Comment