Tuesday 10 October 2017

Creative Expressions Winter Tags


Tag 3 Winter Reindeer.

Hi there , I'm back with tag number three , again with a painted background as described for tag 1 . I made this background a little darker by using more paint .


I cut a piece of corrugated card to fit over the tag as shown , then tore away some of the surface paper to reveal the corrugations. I painted these revealed areas with the purple paint I mixed for the backgrounds. Next I used a stencil to create a poinsettia like effect by spreading texture Paste through it . Once dry I painted the rest of the card with the colours id used before..  Finally I rubbed some of the gilding polish mix over the raised areas and around the edges .



I mixed some of the purple paint with texture Paste and spread this through the cross stitch stencil onto random areas on the tag . Once dry I rubbed the gilding polish mix over the raised and around the edges. Finally I stamped holly leaves from the stamp set , with black ink , onto the remaining
areas .

I stamped and embossed in gold the words onto black mount board. I then cut out he words and coloured around the edges with a black alcohol pen to hide the white edges .



I painted both the Reindeer and the Dove with white Gesso before rubbing Pearl Lustre gilding polish over them both . I added glitter by putting glue onto the areas that I wanted glitter.
The lace is from my stash and the ribbon with pearls on it came from a haberdashery store .



I then glued all the pieces together as shown .
I hope that you are enjoying the tags so far , but there's still two more to come !

Creative Expressions products that I used for this tag :- 
Creative Expressions Clear Stamps, Christmas Past for the holly and 
   Winter Scene for the words .
That Special Touch Mask, Floral Elements and Cross Stitch .
Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste, Soft White .
MDF Reindeer Accessory Pack and MDF Mega Grab Bag.

If you want to see what other members of the CE DT are doing please look at
Creative Expressions.Creative Expressions


No comments:

Post a Comment