Thursday 16 November 2017

Creative Expressions

Two Contrasting Cards , One Stamp .

Hi there , today I've used the same stamp to show you two different cards using the same stamp.
I used the Butterfly Collage stamp by Woodware as the basis of these cards . It's a lovely stamp that has so many uses .


For the first card I used fabric to stamp on . I have tried using different types of ink to stamp onto fabric but I find that I can never get a good bold image . So I used black Gesso applied to the stamp with cut and dry foam . When the paint is thoroughly dry the rest of the fabric can be coloured with Fabric Lustre Paints . I used four colours ( see below ) and mixed the pink and blue to create a purple . Water the paint down to make a wash and apply it randomly to the fabric . I used the French Pearl to add highlights to the butterfly wings .
I mounted the fabric on white card to stiffen it . I rubbed Gilding Polish around the edges of the black mount . As usual I added some lace and bits and pieces from my stash to finish the card .


For the second card I stamped and embossed the design twice onto white card . I also stamped some butterflies from another Woodware stamp ( Vintage Pocket Watches ) and embossed them gold as well . I used a little water colour to add a little definition. Once dry I cut out the butterflies and also the two butterflies from the collage . If you look you can see that I have cut the lower left hand butterfly with the quote which would be covered and lost behind the frame .
The frame is cut using the Twinkle Star Frame Die , and the Collage was trimmed to sit behind it . I added more white card behind the frame to make it stand out .
I've curled the butterflies and attached them with dimensional glue to add dimension. Finally I added a bit of lace and a few flowers .
I hope this inspires you to use stamps in different ways .
Creative Expressions products used for these projects :-
Woodware Clear Stamps -- Butterfly Collage  and Vintage Pocket Watches .
Sue Wilson Craft Dies , Festive Collection- Twinkle Star Frame .
Cosmic Shimmer Fabric Lustre Paints-- Atlantic Blue , Moroccan Rose , Golden Lime and French Pearl.
Cosmic Shimmer Black Gesso .
Cosmic Shimmer Detail Embossing Powder-- Gold .

If you want to find out what other members of the DT are doing please go to 

No comments:

Post a Comment