Thursday 30 November 2017

Creative Expressions

A Festive Arched Window .



Hi there , here I am back again with a post for Creative Expressions.
This is a mixed media piece using the MDF Free Standing Arched Window which I stuck together before painting the whole thing with Black Gesso. When this was dry I stamped ivy leaves from the stamp set Festive Traditions Carol Singers randomly over the frame and embossed with silver powder  .

To create the backgrounds in the windows I used Distress Oxide inks onto white card ;. Dab some of the oxides onto a craft sheet , spray with a little water and swirl the card over the ink . The main colours  I used were Wilted Violet , Cracked Pistachio and Faded Jeans . I then dabbed the same or similar colours through stencils with cut and dry foam to add some interest . The top right is interesting because I used a die cut piece from a Sue Wilson Die , Twinkle Star Frames , as a stencil .



I used some of the coloured card left over from making the windows to die cut some foliage from Sue Wilson dies , Trailng Ivy and Berry Bough .
I stamped and embossed with black powder each of the Window pieces :
Top right , Reindeer and Stars ,
Top left , Branches ,
Bottom left , Trees , all from stamp set Winter Wonderland.
Bottom right , Mistletoe, from stamp set Festive Traditions Carol Singers .




I then attached the backgrounds into the windows before adding the decorations . In this picture I'd already added the Poinsettia before taking the picture , sorry .




The holly leaves , from the Grab Bag of MDF pieces were triple embossed with silver powder  . The berries were covered with glib and glitter . After I stuck the holly leaves in place I added some of the ivy .


I added dots of glue to the front tree and added more glitter ( actually although I rarely use glitter there's a lot on this piece ! ) . I put some glue inti the bottles which will eventually dry clear revealing the glitter that I also added to the bottles ! More ivy and some bits of bling were then added .




The Poinsettia was cut from another Sue Wilson Die , Classic Poinsettia . I only cut the two smaller flowers and then applied Pearl Lustre Gilding Polish before sticking the flower together . I tucked some of the Die cut Berry boughs under the flower There are three tiny pine cones, glittered , in the centre of the piece.


Here is more of the ivy and Berry boughs here . The silver rail is a silver embossed piece of Die cut frame from the Twinkle Star Die . I've added a painted pine cone and a tree Bauble and beads .

Of course you could easily change the colour scheme and use different embellishments to create something unique . So I hope this has inspired you to create something wonderful .

I've used various Creative Expressions products, here are a few of them , the whole list is on the CE website :- 
Dies by Sue Wilson , Festive Collection- Twinkle Star Frames , Classic Poinsettia and Berry Bough .
Finishing Touches - Trailing Ivy .
Creative Expressions Clear Stamp sets - Winter Wonderland and Festive Traditions Carol Singers .
Creative Expressions MDF Free Standing Arched Window and Christmas Mega Grab Bag.
That Special Touch Mask Chicken Wire .

If you want to see what other members of the CE design team have made please go to 

1 comment:

  1. I've just seen this on Lisa's pages, and I wanted to say what a wonderful piece of Christmas you have created. You've used all those Creative Expressions products in such an imaginative way, it's gorgeous, I'd want to leave it out all year round! Perhaps you'll have to make one for every season! Congratulations on a fabulous decoration xx

    ReplyDelete