Wednesday 25 April 2018

Creative Expressions

A Little bit Steampunk!


Hi there , I'm here today with another project for Creative Expressions, this time it's Steampunk. I'm sad to say that I can't write this up with long explanations about how I made it so I thought I'd show you lots of pictures to inspire you .
This is created using a large shadow box, which I've decorated with lots of bits and pieces from Creative Expressions and my own stash of goodies .


When I create a shadow box I always think of it in terms of - back , middle and front. .



So I paint all the surfaces and add decorations to the back of the boxes , in this case stamped and embossed.


Then I work on filling the spaces . All the little bit of 'furniture ' are made out of mount board and painted .



The sparkly effect on the clock is created using a new product from CE called Granite Paste and the clock and pocket watch are some of the new POP EMS .


Even the flowers are decorated by making a paint out of Gilding Polish and painting them .



The little bottles are painted with gesso and the image stamped on black tissue paper and embossed with gold powder . The tissue can then be attached to the bottles with Matt medium .

I hôpe this has given you some ideas .
If you want to see what other members of the CE design team are doing go to


No comments:

Post a Comment